2011-2012 Official Washington Capitals Versus Drinking Game
With the NHL season looming players and coaches have begun the final preparations for the start of the season. Media members are sharpening their pencils and charging their laptops, and somewhere Pierre McGuire is getting his head waxed.
It’s a well-known fact that the North American Hockey media hates our beloved Washington Capitals, well except for Pierre McGuire, but he’s creepy, so it doesn’t count. In order to make this season more fun, esp when the Caps are blowing out the Rags on a Monday night, here is the Official, 2011-2012 Capitals, VSDrinkingGame. (Some of these are holdovers from last year, and NBC analysts are also included, but the name of the contest would be too long to include NBC.) Click VSDrinkingGame for the printable version.
- The start of the game is delayed by 9 mins or more because of drawn out commercial breaks.
- Geico Caveman commercials featuring Joe B and Locker and Cooke…err…Caveman.
- A Bradley or Steckel comment re: Sasha is mentioned.
- Pierre McGuire unnecessarily mentions EdZo (Eddie Olyczk) at the start of every comment.
- Anytime a Chrysler Ad with an Eminem song is aired.
- Pierre McGuire creeps out an interviewee.
- Pierre McGuire laughs at himself.
- Pierre McGuire pulls an interviewee in close, as to smell his after-shave.
- Someone mentions the fact that Sidney Crosby did not play.
- Billy Jaffe does something to piss you off.
- Dave Strader says something to piss you off.
- Strader Pronounces “Johansson” with a short-a. (this makes my blood boil).
- Any point of the game you would sacrifice your 1st born child to hear Joe B and Locker call the game instead of Strader or Jaffe. (Finish your drink, pour new drink and repeat)
- Roenick messes up the telestrator.
- Keith Jones asks a dumb question in a post-game interview.
- Jonesy/Roenick or Milbury/Roenick interaction makes you feel uncomfortable
- The Penguins or Flyers are mentioned during a Caps game, when they are not the opponents.
- They show a clip of Sidney Crosby (finish drink if they show the Steckel hit)
- Sidney Crosby name is mentioned first in the Intermission or Pre-Game show, despite the have that he is not yet playing.
- Ovi is mentioned as a “repeat offender” although he has yet to be Shannaban’d!
- Milbury blames Ovi for something.
- Panger witnesses a big save from a goalie and makes a sex noise. “Oooohhhh”
- A close-up of Engblom’s bald spot makes you wish he grew the mullet back.
- Milbury picks the Capitals to lose.
- Milbury references his time as an NHL GM.
- MIlbury defends a goon who should be given a fine / suspension
- Milbury disagrees with Jeremy Roenick.
- Milbury wears an ugly tie Don Cherry somehow rejected.
- Milbury mentions his love of the Rangers.
- A game in which the Capitals are playing, and Versucks spends the entire intermission debating on the strengths of their opponent. (Finish drink)
- Someone mentions that the Playoffs are all about emotion.
- Doc Emmrick uses the “Paraphernalia” to describe goalie pads.
- EdZo says “Active Stick”
- Doc says: “A driiiiiiiiiiiive!”
- The glare form Engblom’s bald spot leaves you blind for 5 seconds.
- The <insert heretofore undetermined product here> ad is aired more than once per pregame show.
- Versucks misses an important play/goal because of a poorly timed commercial break overage.
- Caps playoff (I’ll call them) “issues” are brought up and applied to this current season.
- Jagr’s term with the Caps is mentioned. (Finish current drink, along with several others, punch wall, and pass out.)
- Milbury says something that makes both Americans and Canadians disavow his residence. (Added 10/3/11 at 3:51 PM, CDST)
- Milbury attempts to create a controversy (Added 11/2/2011 at 8:38 AM, CST)
- An Inside-the-Glass reporter, in his post-game interview, sidesteps the result of the game, and tries to fuel Milbury’s dumbass assumptions that are seemingly always Anti-Boudreau, Anti-Ovechkin or Anti-Capitals. (Added 11/2/2011 at 8:39 AM, CST)
- Pierre McGuire blindly agrees with Mike Milbury and is creepy about it. (Added 11/2/2011 at 8:40 AM, CST)
- The Dale Hunter hit on Pierre Turgeon is shown.
- Ovi is blamed for Gabby’s dismissal (a month later no less)
- The 24/7 cameras are mentioned.
- Torts makes an angry face, and the Versucks cameras zoom in and hold for 5 seconds or more.
- If he’s a healthy scratch, the absence of Sean Avery is discussed for more that 30 seconds.
This is just the list we are gonna start with… It will be added to as the season progresses, and Versucks pisses me off even more. If you have any ideas, be sure to email me at MinnyCapsFan@gmail.com and be sure to add VS Drinking Game to the subject line.
As always, thanks to @NickBlackstrom, the Official Beverage of the VSDrinkingGame is MD 20/20, Red Grape Wine.
Go full your cups. Hockey Season is almost upon us!
Let’s Go Caps!